It is easy to get approved! Sam’s is here to help you get the second chance at a new credit future. The first step you need to do to get you moving towards a Lease Agreement is to apply! You can do this either online or in store at one of our two Dallas/Fort Worth locations.
Yes, we do check your credit. Sam’s is NOT expecting a perfect history. Sam’s is looking for different information from your report than most companies. Sam’s is truly more interested in your credit future than your credit past. Our program is designed to help you build or rebuild your credit while being able to get brand new, brand name items to enhance your home. In order to best help you accomplish this, we pull a credit report to help us be sure you will be successful when leasing with Sam’s. Sam’s helps you build/rebuild your credit rating because we report each of your payments to the credit bureaus. Most other companies don’t do this, but Sam’s does! This is how you really rebuild your credit—by making your payments on time, and having us make those good reports to the bureaus. Your credit report is only one of several things we look at that help us help you.
Our application process is quick and easy. We can take your application over the phone, you can apply on line, or in person at either location. If you apply online or over the phone, you can even be approved before you walk into the store!
We will work with you to open your first account to get what you want at a payment you are comfortable with. Sam’s Lease to Own is different than most other programs out there—we want you to be 100% comfortable with the way we do business and the payment amount. As you pay off your accounts with Sam’s as agreed, we’ll increase your limit.
Once you submit your application, we can usually get you approved within an hour. If you are applying after business hours, we will start working on your application as soon as we open on the following business day.
When a decision has been made on your application we will contact you to let you know your status.
Yes. As long as you make your payments on time, each time you pay out an account you can expect an increase on your next lease account with us. Even better, each new account you open shows individually on your credit history. This usually helps your credit score as well.
Anything in the store which you qualify for is available to you! We have new, quality, name-brand merchandise for lease as well as our Value Corner Pre-Leased Merchandise which gives you more for your buck. There is something for everyone and every budget! Our program works the same for everything in the store, so it is the same deal regardless of the merchandise you need.
Yes, we do deliver within Tarrant County and several surrounding areas. Our local delivery fee includes normal set up in your room, even upstairs. It is the same price for one piece or a whole houseful, and normally we can deliver in just a day or two. You can learn more about delivery on our delivery page.
Please see the Returns and Exchange Policy page for further information regarding returns and exchanges at Sam’s.
You will need to bring in:
- A current driver’s license
- A current paystub or proof of income dated within the last 30 days
- A current utility bill with your name and address showing
If there are any other requirements, we will let you know when you are approved.
The length of Sam’s lease agreement is 17 months, with a 3 month minimum commitment. After 3 months you do have the option to pay your account in full through early payoff or return the merchandise to close the account.
Yes, you sure can. The sooner you pay off, the more you save. One way to pay off your agreement faster is to pay more than your monthly payment. We’ll put the extra money in an escrow account that belongs to you. The escrow account is your money and you can use it anyway you would like – towards your payoff, or towards your next month’s payment. This really will help you get it paid off faster and save money, too. The other way to pay off your lease sooner is by using our early payoff option – the sooner you pay, the more you save!
You can always pay the difference upfront. If you have extra cash up front and want additional items, you can simply purchase some of the items instead of leasing them. We have many options available to work with you!
Much like when you lease an apartment, personal references help us get to know who you are. Our program is to help you build and create a positive record with the credit bureau, and the better we get to know you, the better we can help you achieve your goals.
Paying anything over the regular down payment amount helps build up your escrow account and pay off the account early, but it will not lower you monthly obligation. You may also purchase some of the items and put the others on lease. This would lower your monthly payment.
We suggest 3 to 6 months from the time you applied. To help ensure you are on the right track, make sure you are current on any bills that you were past due on when you first applied. Once you have caught up with your current obligations, we would be happy to reevaluate your application.
Yes, we do report to the credit bureaus. As you make your lease payments on time you will be building/rebuilding your payment history.
Normally it takes 30-60 days for your account to appear on your credit report. We report on the first of every month, and your payments will show up on approximately the 10th of each month.
- 1. Sam’s showroom and on site warehouse are much larger than our competitors’. We have about 10 times as much quality merchandise on display for you to choose from.
- 2. Sam’s cash prices are MUCH lower than rent to own stores and “tote the note” stores, and in most cases lower than retail stores. Since the cash price is so much lower, your total ownership cost will be much lower. Sam’s is a better deal from the very start! Most customers tell us our total price to ownership is from one third to one half what the rent to own stores charge, and they tell us we are much better to do business with. You be the judge.
- 3. Sam’s merchandise is all new, except for a few clearly marked lease return items. You get what you want brand new, and at a great price.
- 4. Sam’s big warehouse is right here, so if you want to pick up your new merchandise it is more than likely in the box and ready to load up.
- 5. Sam’s reports your payment history to the credit bureau to help you build or rebuild your credit history. Other companies may say they do, but Sam’s has a proven track record of helping people rebuild their credit history!
- 6. Sam’s has a wonderful selection of quality mattresses in all sizes and price ranges. Sam’s feels you deserve a great night’s sleep regardless of your credit history. Rent to own stores seem to think you don’t need much quality or selection in beds.
- 7. Sam’s welcomes your payment in cash, check, credit card, over the web, or just about any way you want to pay! Some rent to own stores still want cash only!
- 8. Sam’s payment plans are monthly because this is the only way the credit bureau will accept reporting. Rent to own stores do mostly weekly or bi-weekly payments. Yet another reason Sam’s has lower prices: less paperwork. Sam’s sends out a monthly statement. Our statement shows your next payment and when it is due, as well as your early pay off amount, if you choose to exercise your early pay off option. Most rent to own stores don’t want you to know how many more payments you have to make.
- 9. Sam’s is home-owned and home-operated. We have been in business here in Tarrant County since 1946. You will be satisfied. Period. Most rent to own stores are chain stores with hundreds or thousands of locations, and the “boss” is far away. Their owners are just a bunch of stockholders who are only interested in profit. At Sam’s we’re interested in you, and helping you!
- 10. Sam’s employees are different. Many have been with Sam’s for 15 or 20 years. On average, our employees have been with Sam’s for over 10 years. They know how important each customer is. Rent to own stores normally have very high employee turn over rates.
- 11. If you miss a payment, Sam’s will do every thing possible to work with you and help you get caught up. Sam’s goal is for you to achieve ownership. Most rent to own stores are only interested in “our merchandise or your money”. We hope you will not have a problem making your payment, but if something happens and you need help please call us as soon as possible, and we will work with you. You will see the difference!
- 12. Sam’s treats all of our customers with respect. We are told some rent to own employees do not.
- 13. Sam’s belongs to several buying groups that make us able to buy our merchandise at much lower prices and offer you better values every day. Sam’s warehouse is big enough for full truckloads of merchandise. This saves on freight and is much better for our planet earth!
- 14. Sam’s is an A+ member of the better business bureau. Sam’s goes the extra mile to see you are satisfied.
- 15. Because we care, Sam’s has many employees that speak Spanish for our customers that are more comfortable speaking Spanish.